Miami Denied Fire Claims
Fighting Wrongfully Denied Claims in Florida
A property fire can be an incredibly devastating experience. Flames can cause serious damage to your home, property, possessions, and invaluable memorabilia. Even if the damage was minor or collateral from a nearby fire, it can result in serious adverse effects such as toxic smoke and foul, lingering smells. Repairing or rebuilding a home or business after a fire is an ordeal no one should have to go through alone.
Fortunately, most property insurance companies grant fire coverage, allowing you to make a claim to get your home and other assets repaired or replaced after such an event. Yet, what happens if the insurance company you were relying on for aid denies your claim?
What is Insurance Bad Faith?
Sometimes insurance companies deny claims for no good reasonf at all. When an insurer goes against your policy or behaves in an otherwise egregious manner, you may have been a victim of what is known as “insurance bad faith” which can be grounds for legal action or even a lawsuit.
Bad faith can look like:
- Your claim being unreasonably denied or delayed
- Experiencing harassment from the insurance company
- Receiving an offer that is far less than the actual value your claim is worth
- The insurance company not investigating your claim thoroughly enough
We will fight back if your claim has been denied or otherwise mishandled and help you secure the coverage you need and deserve after a fire.
Our Denied Fire Insurance Attorneys Can Help
The Property Advocates, P.A. are here to help. Our Miami denied fire claims lawyers will help you re-investigate your insurance claim to properly document the damage and calculate your losses to better advocate for your right to compensation.
If the insurance company still refuses to cooperate after we file an appeal, we will file a lawsuit and are even willing to take them to court. Our legal team is prepared to do everything in our power to fight for your right to the fair and just compensation you are entitled to under your insurance policy.
Call our experienced denied fire claims lawyers at (786) 686-5045 now or contact us online to learn more about how we can help. We speak English, Spanish, and Creole.
Why Was My Insurance Claim Denied?
Insurance claims can be denied for a host of reasons. Below are some legitimate reasons why your insurance claim may have been denied:
- You didn’t document what happened well enough.
- You made a mistake when filing paperwork or other documentation.
- You discarded damaged materials necessary to determine the value of your claim.
- You inadvertently said something to a representative of the insurance company that was used to deny the claim, such as implying that you were negligent in the upkeep of your property.
Call (786) 686-5045 or contact us online to book a consultation with a denied fire claim attorney today.
Bringing a Lawsuit Against an Insurance Company
Don’t panic—even if the insurance company initially denied your claim, it doesn’t mean it won’t be paid. Because an insurance policy is technically a contract between two parties, either party is allowed to sue if its terms are not met.
Therefore, if your insurance company does not fulfill its contractual obligations—say, by denying a valid claim—you can sue for breach of contract.
In order to seek damages after your fire claim has been denied, you must be able to prove that:
- An insurance contract existed between you and your insurance company and that it was in effect at the time of your loss,
- The insured party was following the terms of the insurance contract, and
- The insurer has breached the terms of the insurance contract.
At The Property Advocates, P.A., our legal team can appeal your claim and conduct further investigations to show your insurer the exact cause and effects of the fire damage. We can also demand that the insurance company pay you the compensation you are owed.
If the insurance company still refuses to pay your claim, we can take them to court. Our experienced trial attorneys are not afraid to stand up against even the largest insurance providers on your behalf.
Get started on your case today. Call our firm at (786) 686-5045 to schedule a consultation with a member of our firm.